Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Labor - the false alarm that turned out to be true

I went to the hospital fully expecting to be sent back home. You see, I thought maybe the was a slight chance my water had broken and I wanted to have them check (water breaking is not always a huge gush like on movies, sometimes its a trickle) . So we went to the hospital. I was begining to feel uncomfortable but I fully expected to be sent home. They ran a test to check if my water had broken, and it came back negative. The nurse said that I was probably heading home. We sat in the little exam room for about and hour wondering why it was taking them so long to tell us to take a hike...

The nurse eventually came back, saying that since my contractions were regular and strong, they wanted to watch me for a few hours. I thought that we would just have to hang out a bit longer, then they would send me home. It wasn't until they came to inform me that they were going to go ahead and induce labor that I realized that I wasn't going home anytime soon. I still couldn't tell why they decided to induce. My doctor was out of town, and what doctor would voluntary take on an extra birth?

to be continued...

1 comment:

  1. So glad that even with the false false alarm, I was able to be there :) That will always be a special treasured memory!

    ReplyDelete