Sunday, February 26, 2012

Week 3

Week three of being a mom...

I feel like I'm settling into things, and baby an I are getting used to each other. I am learning to live with less sleep. I feel a bit like I'm stuck in the house, because every time we go out it is a big ordeal, and I worry constantly about the baby getting hungry and having to feed her in public. I hope that hesitation will eventually go away, because I don't think its fair for moms to have to hide themselves in bathroom stalls or cars just because they need to feed their kids. For me its mostly mental, I don't think people actually care that much, especially if you use a blanket. Anyways, we are getting the hang of things like bath time, etc. but its a learning process for sure. We went to Sacrament Meeting for the second time today. I am so grateful for our clever car seat cover that has a plastic window so people can see the baby, but I don't have to always be telling people not to touch her.

Second Sunday outfit

1 comment:

  1. I know it's hard to get out of the house, but try to do it! It helps to break up the monotony of the day. And I know what you mean about nursing in public - I still have a hard time with it, but not as much as I did with Andie. My mom was saying that by child 6 it wasn't an issue for her. It just gets to a point where you're like, "my baby needs food so you can all just deal with it." I'm so excited to see you at Clara's blessing! I hope you're doing well otherwise =)

    ReplyDelete